Business Entities / Reorganization / Acquisitions & Divestitures / Economic Development
The Business Practice Group provides a broad range of services for business clients. In addition to representation as special counsel with respect to specific transactions, the firm has served as general counsel for businesses ranging in size from those in their initial development stage to those listed on the stock exchange.
The firm routinely provides a wide range of services:
- General representation of business entities from initial capitalization and organization, private placements, and venture capital investments. This representation includes formation of joint ventures, limited partnerships, limited liability companies and other entity forms as well as profit and non-profit corporations organized under the laws of California, Delaware, Nevada, Texas, Wyoming, and other states. The firm assists in planning and implementing entity and capitalization structuring and restructuring.
- Representation of business entities in numerous types of contractual negotiations and documentation.
- Representation of entities in stock and asset acquisitions and dispositions, including related transaction tax and structure planning.
- Negotiation and structuring of economic development transactions with various governmental entities.
- In its representation of business entities, the Business Practice Group frequently teams with other members in the firm who have extensive experience in areas such as tax, real estate and utilities, as required to cover all aspects of the particular transaction.
- The business entities represented by the firm are engaged in various and diverse industries, including real estate, construction, advertising, entertainment, telecommunications, computer software, hardware and technology, manufacturing, trucking, restaurants, and franchising.