Sam Byars represents clients in all types of commercial real estate activities, including improved property purchase and sale transaction, leases, land development related matters, debt and equity financings, entity formation, and strategic planning. He advises clients on a wide range of real estate, business association, contract, and other legal matters.
Sam represents numerous real estate investors and developers, and also frequently works with in-house corporate counsel on real estate related matters.
Sam is listed in The Best Lawyers in America, has been listed as a "Super Lawyer", and by Corporate Counsel magazine as one of the "Best Lawyers" in real estate. Sam is Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He is a member of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law section of the American Bar Association, the Real Estate, Probate, and Trust Law section of the State Bar of Texas, and the Real Estate section of the Travis County Bar Association. Sam has spoken on real estate law topics at a number of continuing legal education seminars.
- Advised multi-national company in the relocation of its North American headquarters, including land acquisition, land development, and construction related matters
- Advised multi-national real estate and development company in acquisition, development, and sale transactions of a 5,000 acre mixed use development
- Advised institutional real estate investor in numerous acquisitions and dispositions over many years, including equity and financing transactions, many varied development and construction projects, and numerous acquisition and disposition transactions
- Advised entrepreneurial investors and developers in the acquisition, financing, development, construction, and disposition of various improved properties, including office, retail, apartment, industrial, and other commercial uses
- Advised national and local homebuilders in the acquisition, financing, development, and disposition of residential communities
- Advised national restaurant franchisor in the acquisition, financing, development, leasing, and disposition of facilities in numerous states
- Advised investors and developers of improved properties in office and retail leasing activities, including numerous ground leases
- Advised national and local businesses as tenants in various leasing scenarios, including ground leases, build-to-suit transactions, and leasing of existing facilities
- Listed as a Texas "Super Lawyer" in Commercial Real Estate
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in America
- Listed by Corporate Counsel magazine as one of the "Best Lawyers" in Real Estate
- Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Speaker on commercial real estate law topics at continuing legal education seminars
- Member of Travis County, Texas and American Bar Associations
- Member of Real Estate sections of Travis County, Texas, and American Bar Associations
- Member of the College of the State Bar of Texas
- Member of Texas Bar Foundation
- Former Member and Chair of Texas Advisory Board of The Trust for Public Land
- Former Member and Chair of Board of Directors of Austin Safe Place
- Former Member of Board of Trustees of Austin Travis County MHMR Center and New Milestones Foundation