Scott Taylor practices corporate, partnership, and business law with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, entity organizations and governance, debt and equity financings, exempt securities offerings, intellectual property licenses, and general business agreements and issues. He advises clients on a wide range of contract matters and legal issues, including employment agreements, employee ownership alternatives and plans, consulting agreements, service agreements, sales agreements, sponsorship agreements, license agreements, management agreements, operating agreements, real estate development agreements, technology development agreements, profits interest agreements, residential and commercial construction contracts, manufacturing, distribution, and marketing agreements, and trade-secret, confidentiality, and non-compete issues.
Scott represents clients ranging from individual entrepreneurs to large international publicly-traded companies in various industries, including real estate, construction, technology, defense, engineering, manufacturing, hospitality, sports, and entertainment.
- Advised a defense company in a sale to a Fortune 100 company.
- Advised a publicly-traded company in the acquisition of entertainment businesses.
- Advised a gaming software company with domestic and international operations in a sale to a French company.
- Advised a Fortune 100 technology company on Texas law issues in mergers and acquisitions.
- Advised a security services company in a sale to a publicly-traded company.
- Advised a homebuilding company in a roll-up IPO.
- Advised an owner in a sale of a highway construction company.
- Advised a Fortune 100 homebuilding company on various partnership agreements and debt financings.
- Advised an owner of a multi-business project on various business agreements including ownership agreements, financing agreements, hotel operating agreement, name licensing agreements, sponsorship agreements, management agreements, suite and seat licenses, ticketing services agreements, concessionaire agreement, consulting agreements, profits interest agreements, facilities use agreements, and vendor agreements.
- Advised an owner of a music venue on various business agreements including ownership agreements, sponsorship agreements, and service agreements.
- Advised an owner of a motorsports and entertainment venue on various business agreements including a concessionaire agreement, management and operating agreements, name licensing agreements, sponsorship agreements, suite and seat licenses, consulting agreements, and vendor agreements.
- Before attending graduate school, Scott served as Vice President – Controller of Lomas Real Estate Development Group, Inc., a subsidiary of Lomas & Nettleton Financial Corporation in Dallas, Texas.
State Bar of Texas
State Bar of Texas – Business Law Section
Austin Bar Association
Austin Bar Association – Business, Corporate & Tax Section
Boy Scouts of America Troop 234 Leadership Team
Boy Scouts of America Capitol Area Council Accounting Committee
CrossPointe Church Property Sale, Property Acquisition, and Building Construction Team Chairman
Town & Country Optimist Club Youth Sports Coach