Travis Phillips is a transactional attorney representing clients in commercial real estate and business matters. Travis takes a practical and solution-oriented approach to the practice of law. His clients value his thoughtful counseling on real estate and business issues, as well as his efficient and timely preparation of transaction documentation.
Travis represents clients in all phases of the life cycle of a commercial real estate project, including initial land acquisition, entitlements, negotiation of debt and equity financing, leasing, placement of permanent debt, and disposition of the project. His clients include owners and developers of multifamily, industrial, retail, and medical office buildings in Austin and across the state of Texas.
In addition to his commercial real estate practice, Travis also represents rural land owners with respect to conservation easements, mitigation banks, and other matters that arise in connection with rural land.
Travis is a native Austinite and graduate of The University of Texas.
- Representation of local industrial developer with respect to preparation and negotiation of contract documents, easements, escrow agreements, and construction loan documents for sale of build-to-suit industrial/warehouse buildings comprising over 330,000 square feet.
- Representation of national retail shopping center owner with respect to acquisition of new centers, including preparation and negotiation of purchase sale agreements, title and survey review, and review and negotiation of loan documentation, as well as providing continuing representation with respect to leasing and asset management issues in select markets.
- Representation of investor group in acquisition of 16-property industrial portfolio comprising approximately 1,000,000 square feet in the central Texas region.
- Representation of regional developer of multi-tenant medical office buildings in all phases of development, including land acquisition, entity formation, initial acquisition/construction financing, leasing, and disposition.
- Assisted mitigation bank investor with acquisition of 3,000-acre property containing multiple mitigation banks and permittee-responsible mitigation projects approved by the U.S Army Corps of Engineers for compensatory mitigation purposes.
- Representation of multifamily developer in all transactional aspects of a three-phase development project with a multi-year takedown schedule, including drafting and negotiation of purchase and sale contract documents, loan documentation, easements, escrow agreements, and closing documents.
- Assisted buyer with $10,000,000 acquisition of single-tenant property leased to national drugstore chain, including all aspects of contract negotiation, due diligence, loan documentation, and closing.
Austin Bar Association
Leadership Austin (Essential Class, 2013)
Real Estate Council of Austin (Leadership Development Council, 2010)
St. Mark’s Episcopal Church
State Bar of Texas
Texas Land Conservancy, Board of Directors
Texas Land Trust Council, Board of Directors